This article will give you an overview of the Method Request approving process and walk you through the details of how to approve or decline a Request in the system.
All Requests will go through the approving process to ensure that there's been oversight and approval on Purchase Order(s) that will be sent out to suppliers.
- Every Request needs to be approved for the order to be placed
- Approver must take action in approving or declining the Request
- Multiple users can have approver permissions
- Request has been reviewed and approved by the approver
- Sends out as a Purchased Order to contact at Supplier
- Users are notified of updates to Requests in the bell notification center
- Request has been declined by approver and needs review
- Decline functionality will prompt approver to note why they are declining the request
- Able to select a reason and use free form box to type a note to requester
- Users are notified of updates to requests in the bell notification center
- Declined requests are not editable, but can be duplicated, changed and resubmitted
How to Approve/Decline Requests:
1. To approve or decline a Request, click on Review Request link from the email notification
2. Review the Request for accuracy
3. Click on Approve or Decline Request
- If Decline Request is selected, you will need to select a reason for Request denial
- You are able to free form type to add more details for denial
Approval Summary Page:
Access the Approve Summary page by selecting Approve in the menu bar. The Approve Summary Screen will list all Requests in pending status.
- All Requests will stay in pending status until an approver takes action
- Pending Requests are listed chronologically from oldest to newest